Travel Santa Barbara and discover one of California’s most exciting tourist destinations, beloved for its shining coastlines, fascinating history, and unusual Mediterranean climate. Like much of Southern California, we embrace a laidback lifestyle where great service and wholesome fun go hand in hand.
Take a leisurely walk through town and admire the charming Mission Revival architecture set against a stunning backdrop of towering palms and the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains, and don’t miss your chance to explore our many historic landmarks like the famous Santa Barbara Mission and the Presidio of Santa Barbara.
Just as Santa Barbara is known for attracting Southern California’s rich and famous with its luxurious escape, it’s also a thriving business district and cultural melting pot. Defense and electronic firms such as, Raytheon, Lockheed-Martin, Flir Systems and Northrop Grumman have a large presence in town along with many others; while the rich ethnic variety of Santa Barbara has rewarded the area with dining and shopping experiences that you won’t find together anywhere else.
By choosing Holiday Inn Santa Barbara-Goleta Hotel, the leader of full-service Santa Barbara hotels near UCSB and the Santa Barbara Mission, not only will you have a warm, relaxing place to stay on vacation, you’ll have an unbeatable location for getting the most of this vibrant city. Beaches, museums, history, the Santa Barbara Zoo, Stearns Wharf, it’s all right nearby.
Don’t just pick any old tourist stop! Travel Santa Barbara, California and fall in love with a real place that has a festive personality all its own. Take advantage of our Santa Barbara hotel deals and visit us today.
- Nickname: The American Riviera
- Population: 92,325 (2000 census)
- Total Area: 41.4 sq. mi. (19.0 sq. mi. land)
- Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Neighboring Cities: Goleta, Carpinteria
- Climate: Mediterranean
- Average Temp: High 60s to low 70s year-round
- Primary Attractions: Santa Barbara Mission, Beaches, UCSB
- Primary Activities: Sightseeing, Wine Tours, Shopping, Beach Sports
- Closest Medical Centers: Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital (1.5 mi), Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (7.0 mi)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) (2 mi) – One of the nation’s leading public universities
- Stearns Wharf (8 mi) – Unique shopping and dining options along California’s oldest wooden dock
- State Street/Downtown (8 mi) – Enjoy a fulfilling day of arts, shopping, dining, and people watching in our beautiful downtown
- Santa Barbara Mission (8 mi) – A signature tourist stop in Santa Barbara, this historic mission, now also a museum, was built in 1786
- Santa Barbara Zoo (9 mi) – This mid-size zoo is beloved by residents and visitors alike. The 600 animals include giraffes, red pandas, and several big cats
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden (9 mi) – A celebration of California’s natural beauty; spend a restful afternoon amongst the flowers
- Santa Barbara Maritime Museum (8 mi) – Fascinating family fun near our Santa Barbara hotel; don’t miss the Sport Fishing Simulator
- Winery Tours (30 mi) – The vibrant wine country of Santa Barbara is filled with rich flavors and refreshing views
- Business Sector – Santa Barbara is also a thriving business community, with residents such as the large defense and electronics manufacturer Raytheon
- Los Padres National Forest – Encompasses nearly two million acres in the beautiful coastal mountains of central California